Content © 2016 Crystal Falls, MI, This City is a WPPI Community.
Lincoln Park Playground
Where is Lincoln Park? Lincoln Park, also known as the
Western Park, is the grassy area at the top of the Paint
River Boardwalk along the East bank of the beautiful
Paint River. This park has been owned and maintained
by the City of Crystal Falls since 1925.
The only playground equipment at this park was an old
swing set. The Lincoln Park Playground Committee is a
small group of citizens dedicated to seeing that this
swing was updated and some new pieces of equipment
were added for the children to enjoy.
When the former VJ Day Committee disbanded in 2005
they gave the City $1,000 to use toward the placement
of playground equipment at Lincoln Park. In addition,
they also gave a float trailer, which the City later sold,
adding another $400 to the funds for Lincoln Park.
Those funds were invested by the City in hopes that
additional monies could be allocated in the future to
purchase playground equipment for the park.
Playground equipment is very expensive and the City
has been struggling in these difficult economic times with
various other projects and has been unable to add to the
playground funds. That’s why the Lincoln Park
Playground Committee was formed to add to the funds
and get this playground built!
The Lincoln Park Playground Committee selected a
variety of pieces of equipment for this project that will
allow for the various development stages of youths 2 to
12 years old. The playground has been designed with
safety in mind with a suitable surface installed beneath
The Lincoln Park Playground Project has been
sponsored in part through a grant from the Dickinson
Area Community Foundation and the Crystal Falls Area
Community Fund with a grant of $4,659.52!
THE GRAND OPENING OF THE PARK WAS HELD ON
AUGUST 6, 2009.